- November 12, 2020
- Posted by: Info Kerea
KENYA RENEAWBLE ENERGY ASSOCIATION (KEREA)
TERMS OF REFRENCE FOR POSITION OF ADMINISTRATOR
KEREA was formed in 2002 and over the years KEREA has evolved to be an independent organization registered under the Society’s Act with membership spanning from entrepreneurs & seasoned private sector practitioners.
While the original founding members were predominantly solar PV systems practitioners and contractors, today KEREA is an umbrella body of a wide range of all types of Industrial and Commercial, Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy Technologies (RETs ) practitioners including manufacturers, distributors, SMEs, importers and Exporters , Factories , Hotels & Hospitals , Schools , Colleges & Universities using Low Cost / Low Carbon ( CO2) facilities to meet the blue and green Circular Economy Strategy:
1) All Types & Sizes of Biogas Energy Systems,
2) Wind Energy
3) Biomass and Clean Cooking Systems including briquettes,
5) E – Mobility Energy Saving Transport (Road, Air & Water) Infrastructure
6) Small Hydros,
7) Zero Waste & E-waste Recycling and Manufacturing Systems
KEREA’s vision is to see a vibrant and conducive business environment for renewable energy products and services with a mission to facilitate the growth and development of renewable energy business in Kenya.
The expanded mandate of KEREA to represent all RE sub-sectors in Kenya and the rapid growth and uptake of renewable energy resources bolstered by the new Energy Act, demands for a competent Administrator who will ensure that KEREA fulfils members’ vision of a highly competitive industry not only in Kenya but in the region.
Our Open Position
Job title: Administrator
Location: Nairobi, Kenya Type of Vacancy: Contract
Supervisor: The Executive Committee of KEREA
OVERALL JOB OBJECTIVE
The Administrator is required to assist in the day to day running of Kenya Renewable
Energy Association (KEREA) and the Secretariat.
The Administrator’s principal duty is to support the Executive Committee in technical and advocacy work specifically relating to implementation of KEREA work plan in collaboration with the members. This support will include but not be limited to:
- Manages effectively all aspects of KEREA according to the strategic plan and annual work plan, ensuring that the delivery of outputs and activities and resource management is of high-quality and in line with timeframes and budget;
- To Initiate many market-driven projects for the youth jobs and wealth creation and
- Initiate fund raising activities including writing proposals to development partners
and other funding agencies
- Operationalizes proper governance structures and operational manuals;
- Ensures compliance and provides guidance to Members on the Constitution and
Code of Business Practice, including spot checks, consumer hotline;
- Reports on a regular basis to the KEREA Executive Committee and Members about progress achieved with the implementation of activities; ensures proper monitoring and evaluation system is in place and operational in daily work;
- Organizes Annual General Meetings, which includes advance preparation of AGM
agenda and discussion materials such as progress reports, annual workplans;
- Facilitates timely procurement of goods and services for the implementation of
activities working closely with the Procurement/Contracts Committee, and ensures approved procurement procedures are being followed;
- Ensures proper management and accountability of the financial resources within
the budget allocations;
- Ensures corporate and regulatory compliance i.e. filling of returns, tax and social security payments.
- Supports Executive Committee in advocacy and lobby work with relevant authorities and agencies
- Help in recruitment of new KEREA members in the entire RE spectrum
- Maintain and update KEREA membership database.
- Update KEREA members regularly on important developments.
- Ensure members subscriptions are up to date
Meetings and Records Keeping
- Assist in maintaining records of KEREA.
- Assist in organizing KEREA meetings, workshops, conferences etc
- Assist in the preparation of workshop/meeting reports, technical reports and other relevant reports.
- Perform any such other duties as directed by the by the Secretary or Executive
Financial and Audit Compliance
- Keeping a good record on financial transactions by the Association
- Close liaising with KEREA Treasurer and Auditor to ensure proper financial
- Ensures prudent expenditure in Secretariat administration and in all activities
- Liaise with existing and current development partners of KEREA to ensure good
relationship is maintained
- Look out and approach potential partners to support KEREA activities
- Assist Executive Committee in creating revenue generating activities
KEREA registration compliance
- Ensure returns to the Registrar of Societies as required by Law
- Ensure Tax compliance requirements are adhered to
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- A degree in administration or Environmental and Energy Studies, or Organizational
Development studies or related field
- At least three years’ experience in administration work or project management
- Knowledge of computer operations, MS office, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Quick
Books and other computer skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- High sense of initiative and personal motivation
- Ability to work extra hours and deliver results
- Very Good oral and written communication skills
- Organizational skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Able to work with minimal supervision
- Good report writing skills
- Knowledge of digital communication platforms
- Able to talk/present at high profile KEREA meetings, webinars, events
- Administrational: Interacts with KEREA Board, Host Organization and other
- External: Donor partners, Government, member organizations and other stakeholders, as directed by the Secretary or Chairman.
This job description covers the main tasks and conveys the spirit of work that is anticipated proactively from the Administrator. Other tasks and duties may be assigned as necessary according to organizational needs.
Contract Duration: Negotiable
Prepared by: Honorary Secretary
Date: 10th November, 2020
Approved by: Chair of EC: Date: 10th November, 2020
Applications are invited for the above post to reach the undersigned address not later than 23rd November 2020.
Kenya Renewable Energy Association,
3rd floor, Strathmore Business School, Keri Rd, Off Ole Sangale Rd,
P.O. Box 42040-00100, Nairobi, Kenya.
Email to: email@example.com